Below are the topics covered in Year 6:
Land of the Free
Conflict: War and Peace
How Do Beliefs Change The World?
Shake Things Up!
If you would like to know more about any of the topics being covered then please request this from the class teacher.
Below are some home learning project ideas relating to this half term’s topic ‘War and Peace’. This home learning really encourages the children to become investigative learners and to develop their enquiry skills, independence and creativity.
This half term’s project needs to be completed and returned to school by Monday, 17th December so that the children can share their home learning with the rest of the class, during the last week of this half term. If your child needs any paper, or other resources that school can provide, please encourage them to ask their class teacher.
- Make a model of a trench from World War One
- Make a model of a shelter used in World War Two.
- Research the life of a child during either war and produce this as a report or a diary.
- Create a scrapbook of photos which reflect life from World War One or Two.
- Create a timeline of events of World War Two.
- Research a famous person from the war and produce a biography.
As well as these project ideas, children are encouraged to read at home at least three times a week and practise their times tables on Times Tables Rockstars. Children are expected to have a quick recall of facts up to 12x 12 and knowing these will really benefit them during maths sessions, where the emphasis will be on speed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to see a member of the team.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs N. Elliott Mr J. Berkshire Miss G. Ogden